LOUISIANA VETERANS FIRST BUSINESS INITIATIVE
We’re happy to announce that we are now certified members of The Louisiana Veterans First Business Initiative.
The Louisiana Veterans First Business Initiative was championed by Governor John Bel Edwards during the 2019 legislative session. It was created to honor the sacrifice that Louisiana veterans have made by recognizing businesses owned by a veteran, active-duty or reserve military, or Gold Star spouse.
The program will allow for veterans, active-duty or reserve military, or Gold Star spouses who have a fifty-one percent ownership in a business to apply for and gain certification to recognize and promote their businesses. In addition, the program will create a searchable database for anyone seeking to patronize a veteran, active-duty or reserve military, or Gold Star spouse business.
Louisiana’s Veteran Initiative (LAVETBIZ) is a certification program that is designed to help eligible Louisiana Veteran-owned and Service-Connected Disabled-Veteran-owned small businesses gain greater access to purchasing and contracting opportunities that are available at the state government level.
- Your business and contact information will be accessible to state purchasing officials and prime contractors who are looking for subcontractors.
- State agencies are encouraged to get quotes from and use qualified, certified companies whenever possible.
- For small purchases (less than $15,000), state agencies can waive the required additional quotes if a certified company submits a quote that is reasonable.
- 12% of the total evaluation points can be added to your bid on a Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Prime contractors who use your business as a subcontractor on a bid for an RFP are also eligible to receive additional percentage points on their bid.
If you would like to learn more, please visit their website by clicking here.